Saturday, May 09, 2015

Megablogger

With more than three thousand six hundred fifty posts, I can now safely look back on what has been ten years of spouting off at this location. For you completionists out there, I can tell you that there is still a missing post, written several years ago about how my glasses and my piano playing merged into a fascination with Elton John and how it eventually led to some wistful reflection on my lost youth, as so many of my wistful reflections tend to be. It's not like you've missed seeing "The Day The Clown Cried" or recordings made during the Beatles' visit to Graceland. What you see is what you get. I don't know if this comes as a comfort or not.
For ten years I have been plugging away, sometimes storing up days in advance to make certain that there would be something new to read here each and every day. For the ten to twelve people who, like myself, are habitual. It's also for the casual browser who clicks on that "next blog" button up near the top of the screen, just to see what sort of entertainment is hanging just to the right of this place on the web. Some of it is quite entertaining, and there are plenty of things that I have read that I wish that I would have written, but this isn't a time for regrets. It's a time to pause for reflection.
I have said aloud to a few people that I thought maybe after ten years I could just stop and move on to something different. It was my wife who pointed out that she could respect that choice as long as I had someplace else to go with all of these words. "Have somewhere to go," she suggested. Pretty good advice from someone who knows me pretty well. Good news for fans of Entropical Paradise: I don't have that place to go. Not yet, anyway.
This is the place that I go to type out what I think and look at it. Sometimes other people look at it and tell me what they think, but mostly it allows me to take those ideas that were going to turn into conversational gambits and puts them in a less forced wrapper. You can choose to stop reading after you read that first line or two. You can do what my younger brother does and check the tag to see if it will cause him to have to consider sports of any kind, and then decide if it's worth the time and effort to find out what's hanging on the edge of my consciousness on any given day. If it's about the Bill Ding stacking clowns we had as kids, he'll be all over that. If I happen to include a few key words that will make my blog easily searchable, like Kate Middleton, then traffic will increase exponentially. At least until they figure out that this isn't a Royals-watching site. Most of the time, anyway.
It's my blog. It's my brain on the web. Come on in and look around. If there's anything that you've seen or read that pleases you, you're welcome. If you're on your way to find the Latino Pokemon blog, good luck and safe travels. See you again soon.

No comments: